At e-Rocks.com (e-Rocks), we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors, including you. We are customers ourselves, both of e-Rocks and other Internet sites. We therefore fully appreciate and respect the importance of data privacy and security on the Internet.
We believe you should feel both informed and empowered when it comes to our handling and usage of your information. This notice therefore explains:
- What information we collect when you’re using any e-Rocks website or app, or when you’re communicating with us;
- Why we collect that information;
- How we may then use that information;
- How we share that information;
- How long we keep your information, and how we protect it whilst we have it;
- What we won’t do with your information; and
- What choice and options you have to control your information.
So you only need to look in one place to find out all you need to know, this notice covers all e-Rocks websites, apps and services.
1. Collection & Use of Personal Data
1.1 When you visit e-Rocks
At each site visit our servers temporarily store access data in a protocol file.
The data is logged automatically:
- The originating IP address of the visitor
- Date and time - arrival/departure
- Entry URL (Landing Page)
- Referring website or search engine
- Pages visited
- Device operating system and the browser used
- Internet Service Provider
This data is collected anonymously and analysed for statistical purposes being used for
- Running site services, such as page counts
- Communication with users through page content
- Network and server optimisation
- Marketing and other business evaluation
- Web Analysis - via Google Analytics
- Detection and prevention of improper use, such as Denial of Service attack
1.2 User Account Registration
At registration a customer account is created by the user is obliged to provide the following data in their own name
- e-mail address, created user name
Other data is collected on a voluntary basis but stored in the same manner
This data is necessary for
- User verification
- User's contractual obligation
- Creating and executing contractual relationships between e-Rocks and its other users
- Communication with e-Rocks and other users
1.3 Registration for Chargeable Services
In order to use payment services on e-Rocks we need the following:
- Business/Other phone number
- Receiving Paypal address (Seller)
- VAT Number if applicable
Everything else from registration is voluntary
2. Passing Data to Third Parties
We will not pass on your data unless we have requested and received your agreement; this is limited by any requirement in Law or necessary for the assertion of our rights, contractual or otherwise.
3. Right to Access, Correct & Delete Personal Information
All personal data is accessible at any time via User Login, or if applied for in writing with acceptable authentification.
Modification or deletion of data is managed through the User Login or by applying in writing.
Deletion of your account would make it impossible to use e-Rocks.
4. Data security
e-Rocks protects user and other data through its technical and operational service provision. Our security measures are continuously monitored and updated, by us and our network providers .
On registration, all user accounts are only accessible using a personal password. It is the responsibility of the users to keep passwords secure at all times.
e-Rocks does not store any passwords.
e-Rocks does not store any Debit, Credit or executable Bank payment information, and via our Merchant Services provider Paypal Merchant Services we are PCI compliant.
Cookies are used on e-Rocks to benefit your experience with us.
Simply put Cookies contain data which your web browser automatically stores on your device when you visit our website, for example this data enables your browser to remember page layouts or drop down menus; they save you time and do not damage or transmit any personal data.
Before any Cookies are placed on a User’s device, a pop up message is presented asking if we can set the Cookies. Users can say no but with the understanding that certain features of e-Rocks will not function as intended.
Usually Internet browsers accept cookies automatically as default, but can be configured so that no cookies are stored or a warning is given when a new cookie is received.
e-Rocks works best if you have our Cookie activated.
6. Keeping Your Information
We will hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide e-Rocks services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with us) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Questions about data privacy on e-Rocks or our services, or information/deletion requests should be addressed initially to Mark Wrigley, firstname.lastname@example.org
We will update and notify all users if there are material changes to this policy through the development of e-Rocks online services or further changes in Law.